Monday, April 6, 2009

Celebrities on Twitter: Real or fake?

Author: Scott Kleinberg
Link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-talk-chatapr06,0,1405201.story

So this article is pretty much just for humor purposes only, but I always enjoy reading these kinds of things. The reporter comments on whether or not celebrity Twitter posts are real or not. He goes through a couple of actual posts, gives some funny commentary on each, then decides whether or not the post is really by that celeb or by someone else. Here's an excerpt:

@johncmayer John Mayer
Original Tweet: I'm nice enough but I ramble on and on and on and on. And I blink a lot. And hard. Hard blinking, like full face blinking.
Translated: Jennifer Aniston just unfollowed me. I'd better call her. Or Tweet her. My eyes hurt.
Real or ghost: Real. You can't fake something so pathetic.

This article didn't really have any real reporting in it, but it was funny and it caught my interest, which is the ultimate goal right? And it was newsworthy....Twitter is the new fad right now. I think newspapers should include more of these kinda-pointless-but-made-me-crack-a-smile types of articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment