Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vital Idol: The predictions

Author: Curt Wagner
Link: http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/showpatrol/2009/03/vital-idol-the-predictions.html

This was more of a blog than an actual story but I love American Idol so I had to read it. It's pretty much just this guy's opinion of all the contestants and his predictions of what place they will finish in. He also includes comments from people's Twitters about the contestants. There really isn't any special reporting in this story; anyone who watches the show could do something just like this. But I think it's effective. Full-out stories aren't always the best way to present material. This was just a simple list of the contestants with a few sentences about each one. It was easy to read and, most importantly, to the point. Perfect for my quick dose of Idol before I head to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also an idol fan, and I love it when they give you the breakdown in a format similar to this. It is most effective, since it gives the reader an easy way to see the most important facts. The Twitter messages was something I was not ready for! It's kind of cool to show the opinions of others using new technology, since it is a preview to what journalism will be like in the future. Besides re-ordering most of the contestants, the only thing I would change is the addition of a semi-professional source. This would give the article a more unbiased approach.

    ReplyDelete